CPD Programme 2019/20:
Let’s Get Uncomfortable
The MHCPC together with Aashna Counselling and Psychotherapy are pleased to invite practitioners to place cultural diversity at the heart of their thinking.
The following key themes will be explored on the day:
• Assimilation of BAME students in training and as qualified practitioners within the community.
• Unconscious collusion with white peers.
• Whose responsibility is it to raise awareness when this is happening?
• White privilege and acknowledging whiteness a colour.
• The brown voice which often can be silenced, hidden, not present, lost or not heard amongst the black and white voices.
• Who is not here and why?
• Power in current structures and why we are stuck in a position of comfort.
• What is an ally?
The event will be hosted by Aashna Co-founders Pretish Raja-Helm and Shammi Kohli, accredited integrative psychotherapists who place intersectionality, social change, difference and diversity at the forefront of their practice.
The aim for the day is to facilitate and explore through experiential work the discomfort of these key themes.
We invite you to all to get uncomfortable…
Date: Saturday 29th February 2020
Time: 10am – 5pm
Venue: Aashna, 1 Castle Mews, North Finchley, London, N12 9EH
A number of places are available at a concessional rate.
Please enquire: email@example.com
Refreshments and a vegetarian lunch will be provided.
To find out more about Aashna click here
The number of participants is limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
The MHCPC Continuing Professional Development programme (CPD) offers short courses to keep clinicians up to date with current developments in the profession and enables them to explore various subjects in more depth. Visiting lecturers and speakers have included:
Christopher Bollas, Patrick Casement, Lavinia Gomez, Nina Farhi, Adam Phillips, Neville Symington, Margot Waddell, Anne-Marie Sandler, Sue Gerhardt.