One Day Introduction to Counselling Workshop
Are you thinking about training to become a counsellor?
Date for 2020 TBC
Time: 10am – 3pm
Cost: Please Enquire
(includes refreshments and a light lunch)
- Are you thinking about training to become a counsellor and would like to find out more?
- Would you like to enhance your listening and communication skills?
- Are you interested in the way in which people communicate verbally and non-verbally?
This workshop is open to anyone who is curious about counselling and who wants to find out more, perhaps as a step towards further training or for their own personal or professional development.
This one day workshop will include:
- How to develop active listening skills.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication, responding, mirroring and summarising.
- How to understand the way you communicate and how to listen and respond effectively.
- How to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Communication skills within a group.
- How to recognise and work with your own influences and personal values.
- How to build your confidence when dealing with difficult situations.
- How to recognise and to develop areas for personal growth.
No previous experience is necessary to take part in this workshop which aims to enable individuals to learn about the complexities of how and why individuals communicate as they do.
Learning, exploration and discovery will be by active participation in an informal setting and from a psychodynamic perspective.
The day will be facilitated by an experienced trainer who is also a Psychodynamic Psychotherapist accredited by the UKCP and BPC.