Job Title: Counselling Referral Service (CRS) Coordinator
Location: MHCPC, 80 East End Road, Finchley, London, N3 2SY & Remote Working
Period: October 2019 – September 2020 (annual renewable contract)
Reporting To: Manager
Hours: 0.5 FTE. Flexitime outside of contracted meetings (Tuesdays 11:30 – 13:30) and assessments.
Fee: £17,000. Payable in 12 equal payments by electronic transfer.
Contractual Arrangements: This is a self-employed position and the appointment will be made under a “Contract for Service” agreement.
The MHCPC has a new and exciting job opportunity for a committed, thoughtful and resourceful person to support the delivery, administration, and operational requirements of our counselling service. The Counselling Referral Service of the MHCPC is a voluntary counselling agency providing professional and affordable psychodynamic counselling to the community. It offers both a clinical placement and a referral service.
The Counselling Referral Service Coordinator will be a qualified Psychodynamic Counsellor or Psychotherapist with significant clinical experience in the mental health field, strong people management skills and a good understanding of running a counselling service. Their role is to ensure that our counselling services are delivered to a high standard in accordance with the BACP & BPC frameworks and the Psychodynamic approach.
This is a diverse and engaging role, perfect for an experienced counsellor looking for their next rewarding challenge.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Please forward CVs accompanied by a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 13th September 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 17th September 2019
Notification of interview:
We regret we are only able to contact shortlisted applicants.
Overall Purpose: To coordinate all aspects of the Counselling Referral Service, ensuring that best standards of service delivery are met and that all clinical work is carried out in accordance with BACP and BPC ethical guidelines.
Data Protection: It is envisaged that most work will be carried out remotely. As a result, the post holder will be required to have their own printer, secure computer facilities and secure storage for confidential material.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- Counselling Placement
- Recruit, induct and manage volunteer counsellors ensuring consistent and high standards of practice and process in line with BACP guidelines
- Monitor standards of counselling delivery and address deficiencies
- Recruit qualified and experienced supervisors
- Monitor and support the work of supervisors through regular meetings
- Organise six meetings per year (1 x half term) with all supervisors and annually appraise supervisors.
- Annually appraise volunteer counsellors
- Allocate counsellors to supervision groups
- Clinical Service
- Answer queries from the public regarding the counselling service and signpost to more suitable services when necessary
- Arrange and carry out 55 assessments per year
- Maintain a current list of qualified private therapists
- Allocate assessed patients to an appropriate counsellor or refer to an outside agency within the agreed time-frames
- Monitor and manage waiting lists for the low-cost service
- Ensure that the service complies with the BACP Ethical Framework and BPC Ethical Guidelines
- Management & Administration
- To develop a safe, professional and accessible counselling service in line with MHCPC policies and strategic objectives, producing robust and best practice systems and procedures
- Promote and grow the service in the local and wider community, develop professional relationships with similar services and other mental health professionals
- Ensure effective communication within the service and reporting weekly to the Board of Management
- Develop and provide effective documentation for administering, monitoring and accounting the CRS
- Develop and manage the administrative systems relating to the counselling service in a confidential and safe manner
- Manage the room booking system, liaise with security staff and site manager
- Ensure efficient collection of patients’ fees, room rental and introduction fees
- Prepare and send invoices for room rentals and supervision fees, liaising closely with the Financial Controller
- Supply written reports on service developments and clinical performance to the Board of Trustees meetings
- Attend/participate/report weekly Board of Management meetings
- Attend additional meetings as required
- Contribute to the overall development and direction of the CRS, taking a proactive role in forming strategy and developing new projects.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as might be required