A clinical placement with the Counselling Referral Service (CRS) will help you to develop your clinical expertise and accumulate your client hours. All clinical placements are supported by fortnightly supervision, which is undertaken at MHCPC.
In order to be eligible for a clinical placement, you must meet the following criteria:
- You are undertaking a BACP, BPC or UKCP accredited counselling or psychotherapy training;
- This training is in a psychodynamic or psychoanalytic approach;
- Your tutor/course supervisor is able to confirm in writing that you are ready to work with patients;
- You can commit to the placement for up to 2 years;
- You can work with a minimum of 2 clients on a weekly basis;
- You can attend fortnightly group supervision;
- You have been in personal psychodynamic or psychoanalytic therapy for a minimum of six months on a minimum weekly basis; and will continue in therapy throughout your placement with MHCPC;
- You hold a clear enhanced DBS check
You are asked to provide a financial contribution of £10.00 for each supervision session offered. This remains payable should you not attend a session.
To apply, please send your c.v. and covering letter to:
Marie Calvo, Counselling Referral Service Coordinator
T: 020 8371 0180